You may or may not have heard me going on and on about how OMG I’M GOING TO BOSTON!!!! (well, if you follow me on twitter or are my friend on facebook you couldn’t have helped it) – so yeah, I finally went! Amy had a wedding to attend in Boston so I tagged along. After all, a mini-holiday is just what I need these days. Just some time to get away. Going to Boston is bad though, because it’s on my list of top cities that I could stand to live in should I decide to run away from Chicago. Not that I’m thinking about it. Well okay, I totally am. But that’s another story for another day.
First of all, Boston is SO PRETTY. The streets and brick and park and the ocean and the bay and the parks and the historical crap and did I mention the parks? Totally pretty. Second, Boston is fucking HUMID. OMG that was the sweaty-est-est weekend ever. Sorry if that’s uck, but too bad. That’s how it goes.
So yeah, Boston was fun. Got to see the Boston Common, and most of the freedom trail, and some of the suburbs, and Castle Island. But despite meeting up with mom before the trip started to snag her fancyshit lens… I managed to take like, NO pictures. Which is odd for me. And then got home and had this great idea to totally write up the whole trip, only now I don’t know what to say. Except it was fun. And I’m glad I went. 🙂
I put the full set of Boston photos up on flickr. As soon as it’s done uploading I’ll link it 🙂 Enjoy! (i know i did)
edit: Okay! The flickr set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelr1977/sets/72157621867964920/
and a couple things I forgot:
- I met some REALLY great Boston people. 🙂 I really hope they come visit Chicago soon *hint*
- Turns out I don’t suck at beer pong. WHO KNEW? 🙂
- Castle Island has a food place that makes the greatest onion rings known to man
- There’s a lil 24 hour diner that I can’t remember the name of that makes fries to DIE for. Seriously, I could have died of happy
- apparently you can have so much fun you forget to take pictures (and when you remember, they look like mine, sorry)
- It’s possible to get sunburned on your boobs. And boobburns hurt like the dickens. Just sayin.